position will require hands on experience configuring, testing,
documenting and deploying operating systems (OS) per DoD guidance.
Candidate will provide security architecture, policy and design guidance
for development systems in addition to deliverable systems and networks
in accordance with appropriate DOD policies, processes and guidance.
in the development of System Security Plans (SSPs) and all supporting
certification and accreditation documentation.
- Participate in
the documenting, configuring, testing and validating of IA controls for
system accreditation under multiple DoD Standards (NISPOM, DIACAP, RMF,
- Create repeatable procedures, configuration
files, scripts, etc, for configuring Operating Systems (OS) for
deliverable training devices per DoD guidance.
- Maintain and
improve the Information Assurance Vulnerability Management programs for
Device OS’s. Assist in the development/test/deployment of quarterly OS
Patch Kits and Information Assurance Vulnerability Implementation
- Perform weekly audits of closed room OS security logs.
- Provide user briefings to both small and large groups of users.
the installation, optimization, integration, troubleshooting, backup,
recovery, modifications, security, and upgrading of development support
systems and simulation components to provide services that enable
programs to effectively develop simulation software solutions.
with complex configuration environments; build servers, virtual labs,
generalizing tools to accommodate multiple languages and architectures,
and assuring tools and processes scale to accommodate the evolving needs
of our diverse teams.
- Work closely with the production release
and operations teams to establish consistent, high quality, and
packaged builds for deployment to our internal and external customers.
- Creation of media and procedures for execution of training device coldstart both in-plant and at customer facilities.
with other team members to design development system architectures and
topologies for both general and simulation specific purposes.
- Maintain network services such as DNS, LDAP, and NTP
- Configure, manage, monitor, and optimize on-line, near-online and off-line storage systems (NAS, SAN, NFS etc)
- Perform problem diagnosis, troubleshooting and resolution
- Deploy and support development system infrastructures
develop tools to maintain and monitor the server, network and storage
infrastructure; proactively track performance and utilization of system
- Maintain documentation for systems and data storage process and procedures
- Perform new hardware and Linux OS installations, patching and upgrades
- Maintain operating systems and associated infrastructure software
and maintain Server OS and configuration using automated installation
tools like Kickstart and Windows Automated Installation Kit (WAIK).
Link Simulation & Training (L-3 Link) is a division of L-3
Corporation. Headquartered in Arlington, TX, L-3 Link provides Total
Training Solutions to government and commercial customers. Our Core
capabilities include development of flight simulator devices, mission
training for military pilots, commercial pilot training, and schoolhouse
development and operation.
Headquartered in New York City, L-3
Communications employs approximately 50,000 people worldwide and is a
prime contractor in C3ISR (Command, Control, Communications,
Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance) systems, aircraft
modernization and maintenance, and national security solutions. L-3 is
also a leading provider of a broad range of electronic systems used on
military and commercial platforms. Qualifications
- Minimum 10 years experience as an intermediate to advanced Linux and Windows System.
5 years experience implementing the JAFAN, DCID, DITSCAP, DIACAP or
NISPOM requirements to include technical computer/network system
- A BS/BA in Computer Science
- Security Certification.
understanding and implementation of software and process protection
methods to guard against security breaches and intrusion
to advanced Linux and Windows System Administration, knowledge of
hardware, as well as expertise in command line tools.
- Mastery of shell scripting
- Security Certification and/or CISSP Certification.
Linux and Windows Server System Administration, TCP/IP Networking, SSH,
Bourne, Perl and shell scripting, Cisco IOS, load balancers.
with network distributed computing environments and experience with
running small closed room datacenters and high transactional production
- Strong problem solving and analysis of system and application errors
- Strong communication skills to effectively interact with projects, vendors, and other teams to isolate and resolve issues
- Strong ability to gather and quickly analyze data through dynamic scripting or managed collection of data to isolate issues
in the use of standard operating system tools and utilities to generate
structured results or data in a portable manner across multiple servers
- Effective automation and/or job scheduling skills using cron or other methods to produce repeatable results on a periodic basis
- Monitoring using SNMP, MRTG, Nagios
- Understanding of commercial high-availability data center access policies
- Strong writing skills to effectively communicate root cause analysis and other feedback.
Communications Corporation is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal
Opportunity Employer. L-3 provides equal employment opportunity for all
persons, in all facets of employment. L-3 maintains a drug free
workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and
background checks. We encourage minorities, women, protected veterans,
and disabled individuals to apply for any open position for which they